Rikki Mae Dela Peña Miss Philippine Youth International 2019 is now a successful businesswoman with her Eye Wear store Moderno by Rikki. She opened the store after her reign.
Last Saturday, November 27 she sat as the chairman of the board of judges for the annual Mr and Miss Philippine Youth 2021 grand finale with Maureen Christa Wroblewitz MUPh2021 first runner-up and ANTM Cycle 5 grand winner at IAcademy in Makati City. As one of the former "Queens" of the organization, Rikki does her courtesy walk before the final announcement of the winners. She narrated her journey as Miss Philippine Youth and how she survived the pandemic. She also mentioned the things that made her busy and productive inspite of the new normal. She wish all the youth and the new set of winners all the best and be a bonafide models to the young generations.
Here' Rikki's speech during her courtesy walk.
* The coronavirus pandemic is leaving millions of people sick, unemployed, and struggling to make ends meet.
* Looking back at my pre-pandemic life, I balanced my time modeling for designers, filming TV Commercials and guestings,attending events of different organizations close to me and meeting different people along the way. But now because of the pandemic, it all slowed down and somewhat changed.
* Thankfully, there are many things that we can do to help make a difference in our community from the safety of our home.
* Last June 2021 I started hosting for an online entertainment variety show that inspires kids and teens bring out and enhance their talents. I am very honored to be one of their mentors too and for sharing my opinions and personal experiences. I believe everyone of us here has a talent that we can share to others. We can use this time to be the better version of ourselves.
* And speaking of Talent, During the lockdown, my love for fashion and design became more close to my heart. I started my own Brand called modernò wherein I showcase some of the Sunglasses that I have designed. I also aim to have this known as a genderless eyewear and a brand that excites everyone’s creativity.
* As a business owner, I also strive hard supporting small, big, local and international business. The challenges of COVID-19 slowed most things down, but they accelerated the adoption of technology. By Helping each other we will survive and make our businesses as well as our economy successful while keeping safe.
* As an ERDA Foundation Ambassador, I really do miss having physical activities with my brothers and sister from ERDA like Helping them thrive in their studies and achieve their goals and talking to them one-on-one, I do believe that if you really want something, nothing can stop you even the Pandemic. I used the social media to reconnect to them by having online events/seminars. Through my talks, I was able to inspire them by sharing my personal experiences how to strengthen your mental health during the crisis, how to adapt to the changes brought by the pandemic. I always remind them, don’t just be a lister. Be a doer.
* Aside from this, I also used the power of transportation, during the start of lockdown I was able to send over face masks for the kids, families and staff without thinking twice. Health became the most important and nothing else.
* Last November, another unexpected calamity came and washed away houses and lives of many. I asked help from my family, neighbors and friends who are willing to donate cash, old clothes and food to the needy. Surprisingly and luckily we we were able to give them the right amount of help they need from our donation drive.
* Last May 15, in line with the International day of the families, we were also able to help families in ERDA who were greatly affected by the “No Work, No Pay” situation.
* During the midst of pandemic, as the cases were getting higher, I was able to create a community pantry for our beloved friends.
* I would like to use this opportunity to give thanks to all the people who supported our projects.
* Life is short. Let’s not waste it. Let’s make every minute worth it by helping, inspiring others so that we will not regret anything at the end.
* Let us all live as an inspiration by
* Simple act like taking action on what matters joining organizations and communities can change lives.
Rikki Mae Dela Peña
Miss Philippine Youth International 2019
Moderno IG page @moderno.official
Post a Comment